Orient Destinations is a registered visa agent at the New York Chinese consulate, providing reliable and fast service for travel visa to China. We will make sure your visa needs are handled in the easiest and quickest ways possible. Please follow below sections for questions and requirements for applying China visa.
Do I need a visa for China?
Single vs Double vs Multiple entry?
Do I need a visa for China?
How long is the visa good for?
How long is the process?
Using our service VS applying at consulate on own?
1. China visa application form
- Fill out the application on computer, print, and sign the last page. Hand written application or modification will be not accepted.
- Please also refer to the Sample Form for instruction.
2. Original passport with photocopy of the 1st page
- Passport must be valid for at least another 6 months from travel date and has enough blank page for visa (last few amendment pages are not valid for visa).
- If there is previous China visa(s) in the same passport, provide one photocopy of the most recent visa page.
- Non-US passport holders must provide photocopy of the US Green Card, or a valid long term US visa.
- Passport holders of the following countries are required to apply in person:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Congo, France, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kirkistian, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Uzbek, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Nepal
3. Recent passport photo
- 1 x standard passport photo (2″x 2″) taken within 6 months is recommended.
- Do not use the same photo as in your passport unless the passport is issued in less than 6 months.
- Photo printed on regular paper or photo of poor quality is not acceptable.
4. Travel Evidence / Invitation Letter
- Booking confirmation for round trip flight ticket to China.
- Hotel reservation confirmation. (If your accommodation in China is provided by a 3rd party, an invitation letter issued by the inviting organization or individuals is required. )
The invitation letter shall include the following:
- Traveler’s personal information: name, gender, date of birth, etc.
- Duration of stay, purpose of the visit, and places to visit.
- Relationship between the applicant and the invitee and who will bear the cost of the applicant’s accommodations in China.
- Information of the invitee: name of the organization or individual, phone number, address, and if applicable, seal and signature of the legal representative.
- If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required.
Invitation letter can be submitted as a photocopy. However, original invitation and/or personal interview might be requested at visa officer’s discretion.
For applicants in East Coast
East Coast states include: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
|Standard Service||Express Service||Return by|
|(6-9 days)||(3-4 days)||FedEx (2-Day)||FedEx (Overnight)||Prepaid|
For applicants in other States:
Due to the jurisdiction of the Chinese consulate, visa application must be processed at correct office based on applicant’s residing state, otherwise, application may be delayed or even denied.
In addition to the above fee, a $50 handling fee is required if out-of-state processing is needed.
- Fill out the form with computer ONLY, then print a hard copy and sign. Hand written form is not accepted.
- Hand written change or correction is not allowed.
- Fill out all fields in the application form completely. Incomplete form will be rejected.
- All filed’s are mandatory. You may use “N/A” for field that doesn’t apply.
- You may send us a saved scanned copy via e-mail for review in order to minimize processing delay.
- We are NOT responsible for delayed process caused by incompletion or other error in the form.
- Please refer to the Sample Form for more detailed instructions.